Every picture tells a story. But how do you find the story? In this video, professional landscape photographer, Steve Kossack, takes you into a cavern in Arizona where he shows you the way.
In a previous video, Steve photographed the flying angel. In this video, he trains his camera on the backside of the flying angel formation where he is confronted with high contrast lighting. He takes two exposures, one for highlights and another for shadows. Then, Steve shows you how a variety of filters can alter the color and light, both important for telling your photographic story.
For landscape photography tips, join pro shooter, Steve Kossack, as he captures the flying angel reversed.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Telling a Story with Pictures – Course Preview
- Taking a Warm-up Shot
- Bringing Out the Elements in Your Photos
- Capturing a Desert Photography Scene
- How to Use a Tilt-Shift Lens
- Photographing a Desert Wave
- Photographing a Geographic Story
- Capturing an Iconic Image in Outdoor Photography
- The Backwards Image in Landscape Photography
- The Flying Angel
- The Flying Angel Reversed
- The Exit
- Capturing Canyon Debris Inside an Arizona Canyon
- Composition for Abstract Photographs