Although pro wildlife photographer Doug Gardner has photographed a variety of wildlife in his career, he enjoys photographing waterfowl the most. In this video series, he takes you to the marshes, fields, and bays of the east coast during migration season. In the Santee Marsh, he captures dramatic images of hundreds of flocking birds. Later on, he photographs portraits of canvasbacks in a Maryland inlet. He captures images of snow geese gathered at a South Carolina refuge and swarming swans in a wetland marsh. You will learn about the behavior of migrating birds, the importance of good cover, how to gauge the weather conditions for the best photo ops, and how to photograph waterfowl flying, landing, and swimming.
See all videos in our Photographing Waterfowl Along the Eastern Coast Course:
- Photographing Waterfowl Along the Eastern Coast – Course Preview
- Photographing Wildlife in the South Santee Marsh
- Capturing Wild Canvasbacks
- Photographing Snow Geese in the Wild
- Photographing Swans
- Waterfowl Photography: Tips and Techniques