The North American moose has a comfortable home in Grand Teton National Park. In this video, pro wildlife photographer Doug Gardner and wildlife guide Reed Chambers trek through the rugged park landscape to photograph the majestic moose. The hike was well worth the effort when they come upon three bull moose and two cows. You will learn that in overcast light, you get a blue tint on your images. Doug recommends adjusting your white balance to warm up the scene. Using a 500mm telephoto, he captures his moose images from a distance because the animals can be dangerous. Come along with Doug and Reed for tips on photographing the moose in its natural habitat.
See all videos in our Exploring Grand Tetons National Park: Part 1 Course:
- Exploring Grand Teton National Park: Part 1 – Course Preview
- Grand Teton National Park
- Capturing Bison in Grand Teton National Park
- Capturing Deer and Pronghorn
- Capturing the North American Moose