The desert wave. One of the most beautiful sights on the Arizona high desert. In this video, professional landscape photographer Steve Kossack shows you how to create your own unique desert wave image.
The visual story is about the amazing wave of sandstone, the shapes and details. Steve shows you how to start: “Low angle and wide, 20 mm lens, neutral density filter to hold back the bright sky.” Then, he works on perspective because it’s difficult to show the scope and scale of a desert wave. He also suggests placing hikers in the frame.
Join pro photographer Steve Kossack on the desert mesa for landscape photography tips to help you shoot the desert wave.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Telling a Story with Pictures—Course Preview
- Taking a Warm-Up Shot
- Bringing Out the Elements in Your Photos
- Capturing a Desert Photography Scene
- How to Use a Tilt-Shift Lens
- Photographing a Desert Wave
- Photographing a Geographic Story
- Capturing an Iconic Image in Outdoor Photography
- The Backwards Image in Landscape Photography
- The Flying Angel
- The Flying Angel Reversed
- The Exit
- Capturing Canyon Debris Inside an Arizona Canyon
- Composition for Abstract Photographs