A picture can tell a story. In this video, professional landscape photographer Steve Kossack takes you into a cavern in Arizona and tells you the story of The Exit.
Steve shows you how to tell the visual story of ancient waters seeking the lowest point inside the sandstone cavern. He says, “The walls are amazing waves of grain and texture in the muted and reflective light.” He demonstrates how to shoot a 20-second exposure in manual mode, using the self-timer with mirror lockup to avoid camera shake. Result? Spectacular image of The Exit.
Join pro shooter Steve Kossack for landscape photography tips on capturing the colorful Exit in a canyon cavern.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Telling a Story with Pictures—Course Preview
- Taking a Warm-Up Shot
- Bringing Out the Elements in Your Photos
- Capturing a Desert Photography Scene
- How to Use a Tilt-Shift Lens
- Photographing a Desert Wave
- Photographing a Geographic Story
- Capturing an Iconic Image in Outdoor Photography
- The Backwards Image in Landscape Photography
- The Flying Angel
- The Flying Angel Reversed
- The Exit
- Capturing Canyon Debris Inside an Arizona Canyon
- Composition for Abstract Photographs