You don’t have to travel far from home to find bodies of water for your water photography expeditions. Wetlands, lakes, ponds, rivers, and creeks can be found almost everywhere and make perfect places to take beautiful water photos. Professional landscape and wildlife photographer Ian Plant suggests looking around you when you are near these bodies of water to see what you can find and gives you several water photography ideas in this session.
Where to Shoot Your Water Photography Ideas
Most bodies of water are teeming with wildlife specific to your area that either live in the water, near the water, or come to the water for drinking. You will find plant life such as lily pads, marsh grasses, reeds, and flowers that will make beautiful photographs. You might also find waterfalls, rocks, trees, and a variety of other elements to add interest to your photographs. Wherever you live, you are sure to find at least one water source that will become a favorite subject for your water photos.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Water Photography: The Ultimate Inspiration – Course Preview
- Water Photography Gear
- Water Photography Safety Tips and Clothing Options
- Water Photography Ideas for Where and What to Shoot
- How to Photograph the Sunrise Over Water
- How to Photograph the Sunset Over Water
- How to Capture Reflections in Water Photography
- Sunrise Reflections in Water Photography
- Composition Ideas & Techniques for Water Photography
- Capturing Flowing Water in Photography