How would you like to go storm chasing in Tornado Alley? In this video, outdoor photographer Doug Gardner takes you to North America’s high plains and shows you how photographing storms takes skill and planning. You will learn how to read the wind and air temperature, how to keep your camera anchored, and how to set the right exposure to capture the sky’s extreme brights and darks. You will also learn composition—for instance, a narrow line of landscape below a vast expanse of stormy sky. Because storms move quickly, you’ll find it’s important to set your camera at a low f-stop with a high shutter speed. Join pro Doug Gardner in photographing storms along Tornado Alley.
See all videos in our Storm Chasing in Photography Course:
- Storm Chasing in Photography—Course Preview
- Photographing Storms: Learn the Basics
- Photographing Lightning: Tips and Techniques
- Chasing and Photographing the Storm
- Chasing and Photographing a Tornado