Storms can produce roiling skies, lightning and tornadoes, but storms can also provide dramatic photo opportunities. In this video series, professional outdoor photographer Doug Gardner and storm chaser Brian Barnes drive hundreds of miles over the plains of Kansas and capture some exciting images. You will learn how to track a storm cell, where to locate your shooting position, how to adjust your camera settings on the fly, and how to frame a creative composition. Doug and Brian will capture images of thunderous skies, black and blue storm clouds, lightning bolts, and even a tornado as it funnels its way toward them.
See all videos in our Storm Chasing in Photography Course:
- Storm Chasing in Photography – Course Preview
- Photographing Storms: Learn the Basics
- Photographing Lightning: Tips and Techniques
- Chasing and Photographing the Storm
- Chasing and Photographing a Tornado