To photograph a storm, you have to drive several miles and then move quickly on foot when you spot one. In this video, outdoor photographer Doug Gardner and storm chaser Brian Barnes travel through the central Kansas plains and capture dramatic images of a fast-moving storm. You never know where a super cell or tornado will hit. Preparation and patience are part of the chase. You will learn when to go handheld or when to use your tripod, how to vary the camera settings as the light quickly changes, and even how to keep your camera dry when you get wet. So get ready to chase a storm with the experts.
See all videos in our Storm Chasing in Photography Course:
- Storm Chasing in Photography – Course Preview
- Photographing Storms: Learn the Basics
- Photographing Lightning: Tips and Techniques
- Chasing and Photographing the Storm
- Chasing and Photographing a Tornado