While photographing Yasur Volcano, located in the island nation of Vanuatu, pro landscape photographers Ian Plant and Zac Mills discuss the cameras, lenses, and other equipment they use to capture this dramatic landscape. They also talk about the challenges of working in a dusty, windy environment, and offer tips for keeping equipment clean. Then Ian flies his drone high above the volcano, using it to get unique aerial perspectives unavailable to land-based photographers.
See all videos in our Photographing Vanuatu Course:
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Preview
- How to Photograph Lava: Tips and Techniques
- Photographing in a Volcanic Landscape: Equipment Tips
- Adapting Photographic Vision to Landscape
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Wrap-Up