After several days photographing Yasur Volcano, pro landscape photographers Ian Plant and Zac Mills begin to adjust their approach. They discuss the importance of learning what the landscape has to offer, and refining one’s personal vision to better capture the spirit of the place. Ian and Zac begin experimenting with adding a human element to the landscape to add a sense of scale and to invite the viewer into the scene, and offer some technical and creative tips for making artistic self-portraits.
See all videos in our Photographing Vanuatu Course:
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Preview
- How to Photograph Lava: Tips and Techniques
- Photographing in a Volcanic Landscape: Equipment Tips
- Adapting Photographic Vision to Landscape
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Wrap-Up