When you’re shooting more complicated techniques in outdoor photography like panoramas and multiple exposures, you will go through the process of shooting numerous frames that are going to be combined into one photograph later in post-processing.
That means that 50% of your work will be performed in the field while the other 50% will be done on the computer. The success of the post-processing photo merge hinges on your success in the field and your knowledge of editing software, so it’s critical that you understand the fundamentals of both.
In this class on merging panoramas and multiple exposures, you’ll learn:
- ● How to merge panoramas in Lightroom
- ● How to merge panoramas in Photoshop
- ● How to merge multiple exposures in Lightroom
- ● Making batch edits to multiple photos
- ● How to edit a merged panorama
- ● A multiple frame post-processing workflow
- ● Options and features to selects during a merge
- ● Extra edits you can make to your photograph
MAKE THE MERGE
Merging multiple frames requires good knowledge of the specific steps you need to take to successfully combine them into one image. In this class, you’ll learn about the fastest and most efficient ways of merging both panoramas and multiples exposures so you don’t waste time and energy with slow techniques.
YOUR PERSONAL WORKFLOW
With the existence of so many editing software tools, it’s easy to see why there are multiple ways to do the same edits. Even within the Adobe programs, like Lightroom and Photoshop, there are various ways of doing one thing. It’s important to find a workflow that works for you instead of you working for your software. This class will help you develop an effective workflow.
In addition to the detailed video instruction you’ll see with the class, you’ll also have access to a printable class guide that was designed to complement the topics you’ll learn – so you can take notes as you go through the class and revisit the key points.
- Q: How do I know what the Class covers? A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills or project that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I have to be a Member of Outdoor Photography Guide to purchase a Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on OPG Academy content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great photography videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How do I purchase a Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: How do I access/view my Class? A: Once you’ve paid, you can access/view your Class by going to the MY ACCOUNT section of Outdoor Photography Guide. The MY ACCOUNT link is in the upper right-hand area of the website. Within your MY ACCOUNT, a section labeled “My Classes” will appear, including a link to watch the video of your Class. You’ll also receive an email confirmation after your purchase, which will include a link to view your Class. You can access your Class as many times as you wish, and you’ll never lose access to your Account information. Just be sure to “Log In” for access to MY ACCOUNT.
- Q: Do I have to take the Class right away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is there a limit on the times I can view my Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Can I view a Class on my tablet device or mobile phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on Outdoor Photography, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How do I get access to the Bonus Materials for the Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How does the Class Q&A Resource benefit work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and OPG contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I print out Class details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What are PDF downloads? A: These are simply documents, plans, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are there any system requirements to view the Class video content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why do you need my email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Log In to outdoorphotographyguide.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from OPG from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I get a refund if I don’t like the Class? A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How do I contact OPG Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Discussion benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from the Class Instructor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at OPGsubscription@program-director.net or call us toll-free, at 1-855-231-0652. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
Class Supplement PDF ?
Video: Meet Your Instruction ?