Lava is incredible to witness in person, but how best to translate the experience into a compelling photograph? Pro landscape photographers Ian Plant and Zac Mills explain their techniques for photographing Vanuatu’s Yasur Volcano, one of the most active volcanoes in the world. They discuss using long exposures to create artistic photos, working in low light conditions, and the importance of using complementary colors when making compositions.
See all videos in our Photographing Vanuatu Course:
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Preview
- How to Photograph Lava: Tips and Techniques
- Photographing in a Volcanic Landscape: Equipment Tips
- Adapting Photographic Vision to Landscape
- Photographing Vanuatu – Course Wrap-Up