One of the main habitats of snow geese is the Pocosin Lakes area of North Carolina. In this video, outdoor photographer Doug Gardner shows you how patience is the key in geese photography. You will learn the importance of scouting bird movements to locate their feeding areas. He suggests talking to the local farmers for the best locations.
When shooting, Doug covers up with camouflage and blends in with the sugar cane vegetation. He uses an image-stabilized, telephoto lens to capture the geese in flight patterns, and shows you how to meter for birds at sunset. Join pro shooter Doug Gardner for techniques on geese photography.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Capturing Moose, Loons & Waterfowl – Course Preview
- Photographing Moose and Their Habitats
- Capturing Moose and Loons
- Photographing Wildlife in Maine
- Geese Photography Tips and Techniques
- Tips for Photographing Flying Birds
- Photographing Waterfowl Tips and Techniques
- Outdoor Photography Forum and Tips