The Francis Beidler Forest cypress swamp provides an ideal home for the cottonmouth water moccasin. In this video, wildlife photographers Doug Gardner and Don Wouri photograph a huge water moccasin snake swimming through swamp water, resting on a log, and coiled to blend into its environment. They also shoot stunning images of the snake at the beginning of the molting process as it rubs its head against sticks in the pond. You will learn about the environmental habits of this poisonous viper snake and how patience pays off in your photographic process. Join the the pros as they capture the behavior of the cottonmouth water moccasin.
See all videos in our Shooting in the Francis Beidler Forest Course:
- Shooting in the Francis Beidler Forest – Course Preview
- Capturing Wildlife at Francis Beidler Forest
- Capturing the Cottonmouth Water Moccasin
- About the Francis Beidler Forest
- Capturing More Wildlife at the Francis Beidler Forest