Maine’s northern woods provide homes for amazing wildlife including moose and loons. In this video, outdoor photographer Doug Gardner shows you how to photograph these beautiful creatures with a telephoto lens. You will learn how to handle foggy lighting conditions through underexposure, how to meter for water reflections, and when to handhold your camera for versatility.
Following moose tracks, Doug finds a cow and her calf feeding in a fog-shrouded pond and discovers loons swimming through the scene. He makes multiple exposures using high f-stops to hold the animals sharp, foreground to background. Hike along with pro shooter Doug Gardner for techniques on capturing moose and loons in the woods of Maine.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Capturing Moose, Loons & Waterfowl – Course Preview
- Photographing Moose and Their Habitats
- Capturing Moose and Loons
- Photographing Wildlife in Maine
- Geese Photography Tips and Techniques
- Tips for Photographing Flying Birds
- Photographing Waterfowl Tips and Techniques
- Outdoor Photography Forum and Tips