Understanding your photography subject can help you compose better photographs. This session gives you some background on the Atlantic Puffins and their habitat.
Great wildlife photography requires a respect and understanding of the subject you are pursuing. Machias Seal Island has a working lighthouse, and in this session, Doug talks with the lighthouse keeper about the history of the island, the birds, and their habitat conditions. You will get some tips on puffins’ activities that will help you plan your photography tour to minimize your impact on the birds during your visit.
MORE IN THIS COURSE:
- Photographing Puffins Along Maine’s Coastline – Course Preview
- Using a Graduated Neutral Density Filter for Landscapes
- Background on Atlantic Puffins
- Considerations when Photographing Puffins
- Wildlife Photography Techniques for Better Composition