This session provides some simple-to-understand tips and techniques for photographers who are interested in taking photos of large herds of animals.
In this session our pro instructor uses a herd of bison on the prairie as an example to demonstrate ways to get great shots while keeping yourself and the animals safe. The video shows examples of many shots the instructor got while out in the field. It also describes in great detail how to create your compositions, which camera types and settings to use, best exposures to try, and various camera equipment.
See all of the videos in our Landscapes, Landmarks & Wildlife Course:
- Landscapes, Landmarks & Wildlife – Course Preview
- Preparing for a Photography Adventure
- Photographing Large Details in Landscapes
- Capturing Unique Landscape Elements
- Enhancing Colors and Creating a Panoramic
- Photographing Historic Landmarks
- Animal Portrait Techniques
- Photographing Large Herds
- Shooting Solo Animal Portraits
- Switching Your Optics